Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Group Show Opening Dec. 4th in Emeryville

Posted below are some recent pieces for an upcoming show at the Holton Studio, that opens this Saturday, Dec. 4th in Emeryville
I'll have a total of 6 pieces in the show. You can browse the gallery website here to see all the artist's work.
The reception is from 4-6 pm on Saturday, and I'll be there, so come on by.

I have been fortunate to work and paint with the other artists in this show, Sharon Calahan, Ernesto Nemesio, and Dice Tsutsumi.
Several of us have been together on trips into the back country of the Sierra wilderness over the last 5 years. We've also periodically met up before and after work in the east bay hills to paint, though there is no consistent schedule, as we're all busy with our day jobs on different projects. I can't speak for everyone else's personal motivations, but I will say that self-directed study in the arts has certainly benefited me, both personally and professionally. Its a lifelong pursuit, and unlike athletic pursuits, one can paint until you drop dead. In that regard, my heroes are Pam Glover and Rembrandt.



Inlet Wall
11 x 13
Pastel on Canson Paper



Limantour Sunset
10 x 14
Pastel on Canson Paper



Summer Aspens
11 x 14
Pastel on Canson Paper

9 comments:

Anita Stoll said...

All drop dead gorgeous!

TJ said...

As always, superb.

Thanks to you, I spent a wonderful time this early a.m. reading about and watching utubes about Ms. Glover.

What a lady! What a lady painter! Thanks so much for the mention. Besides seeing beautiful art I always learn something here.

Bill Cone said...

Anita-Thanks so much for your comment.

TJ- Pam Glover was a wonderful person. A real role model for many people that met her, or took her classes. I had only a few opportunities to interact with her in the last 12 years, but was knocked out by her level of energy and spirit, in her work and in conversation with her. She really raised the bar for how to live as an artist... especially as one grows up!

Anonymous said...

Really great paintings Bill! Sorry I couldn't make the opening. I wanted to go down and see you guys and the work but swim meet got in the way. I will get down there for sure before the end of the show, and feast my eyes on these gems~

Eve Skylar said...

Thank you for sharing your vision. Your work is absolute beautiful and inspiring.

abhishek singh said...

WOW!! WOW!! n i can say that in a loop:) love your work

D said...

Bill,

I got a chance to see your show last week. I was really looking forward to finally seeing your work in person and I wasn't disappointed. Beautiful work!! Makes me want to try pastels.

Francisco J. Hernández said...

Fantastic works!

Colin Campbell said...

Tonight I came across your blog, and I'm thrilled I did.
Such wonderful work. Thank you for sharing, and the inspiration.